GRI STANDARDS CERTIFIED TRAINING COURSE (TWO DAYS)
Sustainability reporting has become an integral component of stakeholder communications and the Global Reporting Initiative (GRI) Standards are the world’s first global standards for sustainability reporting, giving companies a common language for disclosing non-financial information. The GRI Sustainability Reporting Standards will enable companies around the world to be more transparent about their impacts on the economy, the environment and society. They will also help organizations make better decisions and contribute to the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
Understanding the GRI Standards will allow you to create a communications framework in accordance with international standards that will support the effective communication of your sustainability efforts.
What’s the value of reporting?
The elaboration of a sustainability report, besides being a solid tool for communication and transparency, is a management tool to:
- Elaborate a self-assessment / determining baseline for strategy planning – setting objectives, KPIs & initiatives.
- Support strategic decisions and program implementation.
- Build relationships with stakeholders, promoting transparency & credibility.
- Promote cross-functional collaboration & integration.
- Establish systems and processes to gather timely and accurate data
- Escalate the importance of sustainability internally.
Who should attend?
- Sustainability or CSR practitioners, including students and lecturers
- Corporate communications, marketing, and investor relations managers
- Professionals interested in learning and/or applying the GRI Framework to develop a sustainability
- No previous GRI knowledge is necessary.
What will you learn?
The course will introduce participants to the GRI standards and will provide detailed knowledge on how to put together a sustainability report following the GRI Framework. The following topics will be covered:
- Introduction to GRI
- GRI Standards and changes from G4
- Planning the sustainability reporting process
- Stakeholder engagement and dialogue
- Materiality assessment
- Building a report that meets stakeholder and management expectations
- Assurance and communication
- Examples of best practices and case studies
LEAD Canada is one of GRI’s certified training partners in Canada. More information on course dates and locations can be found at www.leadcanada.ca/gri
To learn more or register, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call us toll free at 1-866-532-3539 x 720.